How to publish products to Google Shopping with FeedPlatform?
Before you submit your data feed, you’ll need to register it with Google Base.
To register your feed, please follow this link and sign in. After you click on this link, you will be directed to the About me page. Fill out as many fields on this page as possible. If you include links in your feed, please be sure to provide your website URL. Click the Next button when you complete it.
If you’re already logged into your Google Base account, select the Data feeds tab. You’ll see a button to register a New Data Feed.
There are several fields on the specify a data feed page:
File name: Enter the name of the file you’ll be submitting (default filename is googleproductsearch.txt). Remember, this name should exactly match the name of the file that was created with FeedPlatform.
Target Country: Specify the location where you’d like your items to be displayed in the search results. For example, the target country “United States” will display listings in Google Base US search results. Remember, data feeds must meet the requirements of the target country’s version of Google Base.
Item type: Select the appropriate item type from the drop-down menu. If you can’t find the item type that describes the information you’re submitting, you can define your own custom item type. To do this, click on the circle labeled Submit a custom type, then enter the name of your custom item type.
When you finished with specifying your feed settings, click on the Register data feed and continue to formatting instructions button. After viewing the formatting information, you’ll see your feed listed in your account. Now that it’s registered, you can submit your file to Google Base.
You have several options for submitting your data feed to Google Base:
Direct upload the file from desktop computer through the Google Base dashboard (Files under 20 MB in size). To upload your feed using this method, please, follow the steps:
1. Click Manual Upload button next to the data feed that you would like to upload.
2. In the pop-up window, click the Browse… button.
3. Navigate to the folder on your computer where your feed is. Select the file you’re submitting and click Open. The name of selected file will appear in the field on the left of the Browse… button. The file names must match, so it is important to verify this.
4. After you’ve verified your file names match, click Upload and process this file.
5. The upload may take several minutes, depending on the size of your file and the speed of your Internet connection. Once your file has been uploaded, you’ll see the notification on your screen if the upload was a success. The status of any feed can be found in this Data feeds tab. It can take up to 24 hours for your file details to be updated in your account.
Automatic upload via scheduling (Files under 15 MB in size). To create a schedule, please, follow these steps:
1. Click Create button next to the data feed you’d like to schedule.
2. A pop-up window will appear and you can schedule the desired frequency, timing, and specify the location of your feed at FeedPlatform HTTP Server.
3. Click Schedule to complete the set-up process.